Fiberglass grating handrails from Direct Metals are easy to assemble, cost effective, and low maintenance. Our fiberglass grating handrail systems are both industrial and commercial, and can be used for stair rails, platform and walkway handrails, and guardrails. Fiberglass handrail systems are fabricated from pultruded fiberglass components and molded thermoplastic connectors. Our modular fiberglass grating handrail systems are available in 2-inch square or 2-inch round configurations that are easy to grip, making them ideal for any high traffic area.
Features of Fiberglass Grating Handrail Systems:
- Corrosion resistant
- Easy to fabricate
- Structurally strong
- Low in thermal conductivity
- High impact resistant
Our fiberglass grating railing systems withstand corrosive environments, such as those found in industrial, chemical and wastewater treatment plants, as well as commercial structures with urban and salt air. Unlike traditional materials, such as stainless steel, galvanized steel and pressure treated lumber, pultruded fiberglass can be customized to meet specific corrosion requirements.
Advantages of Using Fiberglass Grating Handrail Systems:
- Ease of Assembly - Fiberglass grating handrail systems are easy to assemble because they are produced in lightweight standard sections in kit form and include both a post and a rail. Fiberglass systems can either be assembled in large sections and shipped to the site or assembled and installed on site with simple carpenter tools.
- Internal Connection System - All connections in our fiberglass grating handrail systems fit flush, resulting in a streamlined appearance. The internal connections allow the construction of continuous handrail systems around circular tanks without special fittings.
- Safety Features - Fiberglass grating handrail systems come in a highly visible yellow color and feature low electrical conductivity, as well as high strength.
- Low Maintenance - Corrosion resistant fiberglass with molded-in color outlasts the external finish of aluminum or steel systems. Our fiberglass handrail grating requires virtually no maintenance.
- Cost Effective - Fiberglass components and easy to assemble and provide savings on labor and maintenance, which results in long-term savings and elimination of the cost and inconvenience of plant shutdowns during repairs.
Fiberglass Grating Ladders and Fiberglass Grating Ladder Cage Systems
Fiberglass grating ladders and fiberglass grating ladder cage systems outlast aluminum and steel in a wide range of industries, including chemical plants and other corrosive environments, even when the ladder systems are completely submerged for extended periods of time. Fiberglass ladders and cages can be installed in a variety of applications. Some of these applications include:
- Portable equipment
No matter the application, fiberglass grating ladders and fiberglass grating ladder cage systems provide years of strength and dependability. These fiberglass grating products are produced in a premium grade polyester resin system, are flame retardant, and contain ultraviolet inhibitor additives. To ensure worker safety, standard fiberglass side rails and cages are pigmented in a highly visible yellow color, and the ladder rungs are made from a pultruded fiberglass polyester tube with a fluted non-skid surface, requiring little to no maintenance.
Our fiberglass ladders are fabricated in a standard 18-inch rung width configuration with 12-inch rung spacing. However, custom designed fiberglass ladders and access cages manufactured precisely to your required dimensions per OSHA standards are available upon request.
Click on a photo for a larger view: